Swallow’s Nest Bed and Breakfast is continually working to improve the usability of our website in line with the current accessibility standards and guidelines.
Swallow’s Nest Bed and Breakfast is committed to providing accommodation services for prospective guests with disabilities. We are, however, limited by the constraints of operating out of Brookhouse – a Victorian house dating from the 1890’s with many original features. Sadly, this means the building is not always suitable for people with very limited mobility or sight impairment. Our Access Statement aims to describe the facility honestly to ensure that all our guests will be happy and comfortable during their stay. We welcome any enquiries from guests with disabilities so we can discuss their needs and all reasonable attempts will be made to meet these.
- Brookhouse has a current Fire Certificate.
- Fire alarms are audible only.
- Emergency information can be communicated verbally on request.
- All of our rooms have remote control TVs.
- All of our rooms have coffee and tea making facilities with cordless kettles.
- Mobile phone coverage is adequate for most networks.
- Our breakfast menu and guest information can be provided in large print and/or described verbally.
- A variety of dietary requirements can be catered for with advance notification.
- A fridge is available for medications/insulin/special foods etc. Please contact us for details when you check-in.
- People with nut allergies should be aware that we do use nuts in the kitchen.
- People allergic to cat/dog fur should be aware that pets do visit from time to time.
- Copies of all public transport timetables are available.
- The nearest train station is Clapham Station (1.1 miles from Brookhouse). Guest collection can be arranged with prior notice.
- The nearest bus service is 200 yards from Brookhouse. Guest collection can be arranged with prior notice.
- The ground floor entrance, dining room and guest lounge areas are level throughout. There are toilet facilities on the ground floor for communal use.
- The garden at the rear of the property is easily accessible via a small number of steps.
- The Clapham Village Store is just 200 yards away.
Access to main House
- Parking is on-street parking only and on a first come, first serve basis. We can try and reserve a spot for you with enough notice. The nearest public car park is just 380 yards away.
- We do have three steps to access the front door of Brookhouse.
Access to Bedrooms
- All of our bedrooms are on the first floor and are accessed by a flight of stairs.
- Our ensuite rooms have either a walk in corner shower, or a bathtub with a shower head. Let us know what your preference is at the time of booking.
- All our rooms have a torch for fire safety and an emergency exit plan. In the event that guests have to evacuate the building, the only exits are via the stairs and through the two doors on ground level.